Thor and ‘Loki’ Variant by Scottie Young
Have you tried turning it off and on again, Tom?
Orange Cream Pop Cupcakes
- 1 3-ounce package orange-flavor gelatin
- 1 2-layer-size package white cake mix
- 1 4-serving-size package cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe Cream Pop Frosting
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange gelatin from the cupcakes
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- For Cupcakes, Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line twenty-seven 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons of the gelatin for the Cream Pop Frosting.
- In a mixing bowl beat the remaining gelatin, the cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- For frosting, allow cream cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, cream cheese, and 2 teaspoons vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Place one-fourth of the frosting in a separate bowl; beat in addition 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- To the remaining bowl of cream cheese frosting add the reserved orange gelatin from the cupcakes and finely shredded orange peel. If desired, add a few drops orange food coloring. Beat to combine.
- Frost cupcakes!!!!
1/4 simple syrup
1 oz Bourbon whiskey
dash Angostura bitters
dash Orange bitters
3/4 oz Blue Curacao
3/4 oz Vodka
3/4 oz Limoncello
3/4 citrus Vodka
1/4 tsp sugar to dissolve
1 oz Fire Water (Hot Cinnamon Schnapps)
1/2 oz Bacardi 151
1 pinch cinnamon
1 oz Hpnotiq
1/2 oz Gin
1/8 oz Grenadine
1 oz. Kraken Black Spiced Rum
1/2 oz Coconut rum
1 oz. Midori
1/2 oz. Light rum
1/3 oz. Gin
3/4 oz Irish cream
3/4 oz Ice 101 peppermint schnapps
Directions: All of but two of the shots (Flareon and Glaceon) can be made simply by mixing the ingredients in a shot glass. For Flareon, layer the Bacardi 151 on top and light on fire. Sprinkle the pinch of cinnamon over the fire for a cool effect. For Glaceon, layer the Ice 101 peppermint schnapps on top of the Irish cream